I have compiled 10 of my favorite tough times quotes that I find has helped me through tough times over the years. Sometimes we need a few pointers on inner strength, this in turn makes us realize that we aren’t the only ones who have gone through hard times, that no ones an exception and that we can get through it with a little bit of positive hope and a handful of lines for guidance.
Enjoy! And Good Luck with overcoming your obstacles and facing hard times.
1) “There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who do not. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living.” – José N. Harris
2) “Sadness gives depth. Happiness gives height. Sadness gives roots. Happiness gives branches. Happiness is like a tree going into the sky, and sadness is like the roots going down into the womb of the earth. Both are needed, and the higher a tree goes, the deeper it goes, simultaneously. The bigger the tree, the bigger will be its roots. In fact, it is always in proportion. That’s its balance.” – Osho
3) “Tough times never last, but tough people do.” – Robert H. Schuller
Life is an ad and flow of experiences. Tough times might stick around for awhile, but they don’t last forever. Tough people can last through anything. And it is most often going through heartbreaking tough times that create tough people. You can do this.
4) “Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.” – Joshua J. Marine
You might never equate your challenges as being something interesting, and for someone to say that they are that can almost be an insult depending on what you are dealing with. However, overcoming our challenges does truly make life more meaningful. We become textured and resilient; we have great perspective about what’s truly important in life.
5) “Once you choose hope, anything’s possible.” – Christopher Reeve
Having hope seems somewhat underrated. How could hope possibly change the atrocities in the world? To be honest, it doesn’t. What hope does is change the individual who has it and and then that person changes the world. Hope sends out a vibration of openness and optimism that helps bring solutions.
6) “The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain.
Is not the cup that holds your wine the very cup that was burned in the potter’s oven?
And is not the lute that soothes your spirit, the very wood that was hollowed with knives?
When you are joyous, look deep into your heart and you shall find it is only that which has given you sorrow that is giving you joy. When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see in truth that you are weeping for that which has been your delight.” – Kahlil Gibran
7) “Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t how hard you hit; it’s about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you’re worth, then go out and get what you’re worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hit, and not pointing fingers saying you ain’t where you are because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain’t you. You’re better than that!” – Rocky Balboa (Movie Quote)
8) “And once the storm is over, you won’t remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won’t even be sure whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about.”―Haruki Murakami
9) “And hard times are good in their own way, too. Because the only way you can achieve true happiness is if you experience true sadness as well.” – Gabrielle Williams
Deep happiness is experienced often because of true sadness. Deep joy can be appreciated because of experience with deep sorrow. It’s not ideal but it exists nonetheless. The hard times let you appreciate the good ones more, and the good times remind you that the hard times don’t last forever.
10) “Promise me you’ll always remember: You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”—Christopher Robin to Pooh, A.A. Milne